Accessible Yoga for Older Grownups Teacher Training Information: Perth, May 11-13, 2019
Information for Training at Nedlands Yoga Centre, Perth WA
11th May - 13th May 2019
Requirements for Registration:
- 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Certificate
- minimum 6 months teaching experience or relevant clinical experience
- Basic anatomy: familiarity major bones, joints and muscle groups, basic anatomy of breathing, movements of major joints
- Short Statement of why you want to undertake this training and what you intend to do with it.
- Principles of how to teach a safe, fun, empowering yoga and movement class to older grownups and seniors.
- An overview of the normal aging process and the concept of healthy aging.
- An overview of principles of effective health promotion programs for older adults
- An understanding of common conditions that older students present with such as osteoporosis, arthritis, heart disease, pain, joint replacement, anxiety and depression.
- An understanding of the impact of aging and health conditions on an older person's mobility, daily function and class participation.
- Principles of adaptation, modification and prop use for safety and to empower older students.
- Sequences for older grownups and seniors that are based on the latest research evidence.
- Use of evidence based assessments to document functional outcomes.
- Yoga teacher's scope of practice and the ethics of teaching older students.
- Yoga for Seniors and Older Grownups is a 21 hour training run over three days. The exact hours may depend on the training location.
- The May 2019 Older Grownups Training will be hosted by Nedlands Yoga Centre.
- Saturday 11th May :
- 9:00 am -12:30 pm Welcome circle, orientation and introduction
- 12:30 - 1:30 pm Lunch
- 1:30 - 4:30 pm Discussion, theory and practical training
- 4:30 - 5:30 Practical Application
- Saturday 12th May
- 9:30 - 10:30 pm Morning led class
- 11:00 -1:00 Discussion, theory and practical training
- 1:00 - 2:00 pm Lunch
- 2:00 - 4:00 pm Discussion, theory and practical training
- 4:00 - 6:30 Practical Application
- Sunday 13th May
- 9:30 - 10:30 pm Morning led class
- 10:30 - 12:00 Discussion, theory and practical training
- 12:00 - 12:30 pm Snack
- 12:30 - 1:30 pm Discussion, theory and practical training.
- 1:30-2:30 . Closing circle. Group photos.
- Comprehensive, referenced Yoga for Older Grownups and Seniors Manual.
Do I need to bring a mat and props?
- No, unless you like to use your own mat. There are props to use at the venue.
What will I receive on completion of the course ?
- A certificate from Yoga for Grownups for 21 contact hours in Teaching Yoga to Seniors and Older Grownups
- Maria is ERYT500 and YACEP with Yoga Alliance and a Registered Senior Yoga Teacher with Yoga Australia, so all contact hours can be used for continuing education points.
- Perth May 2019 Training, 11th - 13th May, 2019: 695.00 early bird, or $780.00 after 25th Feb 2019.
- Payment can be made using this link: https://www.nedlandsyoga.com.au/training-workshops-events
- CANCELLATION POLICY:
For cancellations more than 2 weeks prior course commencement, all fees will be refunded less the $100 non-refundable deposit.
For cancellations within 4 weeks of commencement date, a 50% cancellation fee applies.
For cancellations within 2 weeks of commencement date, no refund will be given.
- The training will be limited to 25 people admitted on a first come first serve basis. Those interested will be put on a wait list.
Are meals and refreshments included?
- No, but healthy, inexpensive food will is plentiful nearby. A kettle for tea making and a fridge for storing food will be available.
Where is the course being held?
- Nedlands Yoga Centre
- Top Floor Broadway Fair Shopping Centre
88 Broadway, Nedlands WA 6009
- Complete Application Form then await application approval email. If all places are filled you will be given the option of being placed on the waitlist.
- Upon receipt of approval email make payment via this link: https://www.nedlandsyoga.com.au/training-workshops-events
Need more information or want to ask a question?
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org