Yoga for Mental Health Teacher Training Online, 2020
Here is some feedback from recent students:
I found this course to be very educational and practical. It has informed me so much more on how to better hold a space for my yoga students to support their mental health, to resource and empower them. Including myself. This would definitely be one of the best investments I have made in furthering my education as a yoga teacher. I loved Maria's style of teaching. So down to earth and real.
This course is a fantastic opportunity to develop knowledge and skills related to yoga and our systems which are tied to our well-being, and how to apply them to people with varying types of mental health needs. The course is taught in a way that encourages learning from each other & provides lots of insight to add to your practice development.
The course prepares you for the mental health environment. Giving you an overview of the brain and how trauma, mental health and anxiety can be/look/feel. Looking at your yoga classes as inclusive to all these participants and how to safely allow people to join who may be vulnerable, anxious etc.
All the recorded material has been invaluable. Able to watch in your own time and repeat if you wanted to. I really enjoyed the balance of theory and practical. I found the breathing practices helpful. Then if questions arose from the videos there was the opportunity also to bring up at the live sessions.
Maria is a constant in a world of change, her knowledge, support for individuals to be perfectly perfect just as they are, her wisdom to continually question, debunk and learn is passed on passionately and expressively through her which allows our learning to be so juicy, rich and fun.
You will not be disappointed if you take any course with Maria. Maria is very approachable, extremely knowledgeable, delivering to a very high standard and professional manner. In other words she is real and isn't afraid to say if she doesn't know the answer, but will endeavour to seek the answer. The course is comprehensive and easy to negotiate with lots of bite size info and videos to work through at your own speed.
If you want to enrol, fill out the application at the bottom of the page.
- Links to pre- course material and PDF manual sent on enrolment.
- Pre-recorded lectures for each session must be listened to before the online sessions. They will provide you with familiarity with the key concepts that will be discussed. You do not have to learn them in detail, just listen attentively, and make note of questions you have. All the connections and context will be provided in the lectures.
- PDF certificates sent by email.
- Comprehensive, referenced Yoga for Mental Health Manual
Do I need a mat and props?
- If you have props, great. If you don't we will learn to improvise with what you and your students have at home.
What will I receive on completion of the course ?
- A certificate from Yoga for Grownups for 25 hours in Teaching Yoga to Support Mental Health.
- Maria is ERYT500 and YACEP with Yoga Alliance and a Registered Senior Yoga Teacher with Yoga Australia, so all contact hours can be used for continuing education points.
Need more information or want to ask a question?
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete Application Form below then await application approval email. If all places are filled you will be given the option of being placed on the waitlist.
- $600.00 AUD
- Upon receipt of approval email, deposit course fees to confirm your place in the course: $600.00.
- Direct Deposit to Account: please use your last name as the identifier. (It gets confusing)
- Maria Kirsten
- BSB 082 522
- Acct 36 571 5279
- or pay via credit car or PayPal