Accessible Yoga for Older Grownups Teacher Training Information: Auckland New Zealand
Information for Training in Auckland New Zealand.
5th - 7th September, 2019
Requirements for Registration:
- 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Certificate
- minimum 6 months teaching experience or relevant clinical experience
- Basic anatomy: familiarity major bones, joints and muscle groups, basic anatomy of breathing, movements of major joints
- Short Statement of why you want to undertake this training and what you intend to do with it.
- Principles of how to teach a safe, fun, empowering yoga and movement class to older grownups and seniors.
- An overview of the normal aging process and the concept of healthy aging.
- An overview of principles of effective health promotion programs for older adults
- An understanding of common conditions that older students present with such as osteoporosis, arthritis, heart disease, pain, joint replacement, anxiety and depression.
- An understanding of the impact of aging and health conditions on an older person's mobility, daily function and class participation.
- Principles of adaptation, modification and prop use for safety and to empower older students.
- Sequences for older grownups and seniors that are based on the latest research evidence.
- Use of evidence based assessments to document functional outcomes.
- Yoga teacher's scope of practice and the ethics of teaching older students.
- Yoga for Older Grownups Teacher Training is a 20 hour training run over three days.
- The September 2019, Auckland training will have a daily schedule as follows:
- Thursday 5th September:
- 11 am -1:30 pm Yoga for grownups class, opening circle and introduction
- 1:30 - 2:30 pm Lunch
- 2:30 - 5:30 pm Discussion, theory and practical training
- Friday 6th September
- 9:00 - 10:00 Morning led class
- 10:00 - 10:30 Tea break
- 10:30 - 1:00 Discussion, theory and practical training
- 1:00 - 2:00 pm Lunch
- 2:00 - 6:00 pm Discussion, theory and practical training
- Monday 23rd September
- 9:00 - 12:00 Discussion, theory and practical training. Group photos
- 12:00 - 1:00 pm Lunch
- 1:00 - 2:30 pm Discussion, theory and practical training. Closing circle.
- Comprehensive, referenced Yoga for Older Grownups Manual
Do I need to bring a mat and props?
- There will be all props except mats and blankets to use at the venue. Please bring your own mat and blanket if you can.
What will I receive on completion of the course ?
- A certificate from Yoga for Grownups for 21 contact hours in Teaching Yoga to Seniors and Older Grownups
- Maria is ERYT500 and YACEP with Yoga Alliance and a Registered Senior Yoga Teacher with Yoga Australia, so all contact hours can be used for continuing education points.
- Auckland 2019 Training, 5th -7th September 2019: $699.00.
Are meals and refreshments included?
- No, but healthy, inexpensive food will is plentiful nearby. A kettle for tea making, a microwave and a fridge for storing food will be available. The studio has a large table where we can eat lunch.
- contact Jennifer Allen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need more information or want to ask a question?
- email: email@example.com