Accessible Yoga for Mental Health Teacher Training Information: Auckland New Zealand
Information for Training in Auckland New Zealand.
8th - 10th September, 2019
Requirements for Registration:
- 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Certificate
- minimum 6 months teaching experience or relevant clinical experience
- Basic anatomy: familiarity major bones, joints and muscle groups, basic anatomy of breathing, movements of major joints
- Short Statement of why you want to undertake this training and what you intend to do with it.
- The Yoga for Mental Health Teacher Training is designed to educate and support yoga teachers to offer classes that train resilience, self regulation and self empowerment through yoga. In a safe environment, with a supportive teacher, yoga is a means of finding and cultivating a positive healthy relationship with ourselves.
- The concept of Recovery in mental health and the Yogic framework for mental health
- Scientific explanation of how yoga supports mental health
- Bottom up versus Top Down approaches are explained and explored in practice
- Evidence based approaches and practices which support resilience, recovery and self regulation.
- Important contraindications and guidelines for anxiety and depression.
- A definition and explanation of trauma informed care (this training does not focus exclusively on trauma sensitive yoga) and how to implement it in practice.
- Each of the three days will have time for theory, practical training, reflection, and discussion.
- Yoga for Mental Health is a 20 hour training run over three days.
- The September 2019, Auckland training will have a daily schedule as follows:
- Sunday 8th September:
- 11 am -1:30 pm Yoga for grownups class, opening circle and introduction
- 1:30 - 2:30 pm Lunch
- 2:30 - 5:30 pm Discussion, theory and practical training
- Monday 9th September
- 9:00 - 10:00 Morning led class
- 10:00 - 10:30 Tea break
- 10:30 - 1:00 Discussion, theory and practical training
- 1:00 - 2:00 pm Lunch
- 2:00 - 6:00 pm Discussion, theory and practical training
- Tuesday 10th September
- 9:00 - 12:00 Discussion, theory and practical training. Group photos
- 12:00 - 1:00 pm Lunch
- 1:00 - 2:30 pm Discussion, theory and practical training. Closing circle.
- Comprehensive, referenced Yoga for Mental Health Manual.
Do I need to bring a mat and props?
- There will be all props except mats and blankets to use at the venue. Please bring your own mat and blanket if you can.
What will I receive on completion of the course ?
- A certificate from Yoga for Grownups for 21 contact hours in Teaching Yoga to Support Mental Health
- Maria is ERYT500 and YACEP with Yoga Alliance and a Registered Senior Yoga Teacher with Yoga Australia, so all contact hours can be used for continuing education points.
- Auckland 2019 Training, 8th -10th September 2019: $699.00.
Are meals and refreshments included?
- No, but healthy, inexpensive food will is plentiful nearby. A kettle for tea making, a microwave and a fridge for storing food will be available. The studio has a large table where we can eat lunch.
- contact Jennifer Allen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need more information or want to ask a question?
- email: email@example.com